The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences is fortunate enough to have generous alumni who initiate and contribute funds for the purpose of helping our students with some of the costs associated with their undergraduate education.
These Departmental Undergraduate Scholarships are available to all majors in our Earth Sciences and Environmental Geosciences programs.
- Call for applications comes out late-February or early-March.
- Application information includes a narrative on career goals, academic interests, relevant outside interests, financial impact in receiving an award, and copy of a current transcript. Many applications also require a letter of support/recommendation by an advisor. Details and links are laid out in the call for applications.
- Visit ESci Undergraduate Financial Aid for more information about deadlines, applications, and nominations
Departmental Field Course Scholarships are available for all declared Earth Sciences or Environmental Geosciences majors.
- Amount and number of awards varies from year to year depending on student need and available funds.
- Students must be registered for the field course in order to receive the funds.
- Call for applications and submission of application materials to Field Camp Committee occur during spring semester.
- University's resources for Financial Aid
- The University's National and International Scholarships Office
- University of Minnesota Honors Scholarships
- Minnesota Groundwater Association
- Geological Society of America
- Association for Women Geoscientists (scroll toward the bottom of the page for list of student scholarships)
- Minnesota Sea Grant
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)